About this Blog
Let me first say that this blog is multi faceted. I needed somewhere I could put my writing and also my travel experiences and what better than this? It’s perfect. Honestly, I have no idea why I never started blogging earlier than I did.
I recently changed the name of the blog from ‘Jobs are a form of slavery’ to ‘Travecdotes and More’. Other than the fact that the former title was a little too strong, I also wanted to switch from writing typical tourist oriented factual travel posts to ones that are more story like, but at the same time use scene and setting derived from my travel experiences. Hence the coining of the term ‘travecdote’ (travel + anecdote).
I absolutely love traveling, discovering new music, writing, reading, and have recently discovered photography. I strongly believe in being free spirited, and have tried my best to tell people how I think. I guess I sometimes come off as aloof or arrogant, but I feel it doesn’t matter as long as I’m happy and treat people right. You will never find me sitting at my laptop without music playing or going to sleep without reading (of course, if you ever have the opportunity to find me like that). On those lines, I’m a big fan of Couchsurfing, one of the most brilliant ideas I’ve seen. I will stop now.
Currently, I study engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. I still have a year to go, and I don’t know what I will do after. I:
- Write on this blog
- Am designing a Tumblr blog with a friend of mine (which will be called Toe Blisters)
- Work part time for India Untravelled, which aims at giving urban travelers the opportunity to explore offbeat and rural destinations in India.
I don’t know where I’m going but it’s away from engineering and toward the freelance world. After all, how else do I travel to all the hundreds of thousands of places I want to travel to?
About other things you should know
- http://en.wordpress.com/stats/ gives you some amazing statistics about WordPress as a whole. Check the map. I find it quite fascinating.
- Paul Scholes has scored 155 goals for Manchester United.
- Post rock music usually has incredible artwork.
- Minas Tirith has seven levels!
- Arctic terns migrate from sub Arctic regions to Antarctica and back every year (a round trip of 44,300 miles).